Proof of Existence is a prototype system that uses blockchain technologies to allow for the permanent and trusted storage of proof that an electronic document or file existed at a certain point.
The prototype system consists of:
- An API that with calls to record and verify the existence of documents
- A demo web app, which can:
- Generate the hash of a file
- Gather metadata about the file and record its existence
- Find and retrieve records of existence
The API is the core of the prototype and we’ve integrated it into the EkoSmart (http://ekosmart.net/en/solutions/), where it is available for all the users of the platform. The same records in the block chain can also be found without the API, using the Etherscan tool (https://ropsten.etherscan.io) or any other tool or software that can analyze the Ethereum blockchain..Open PoE application