SEE TV-WEB executes activities which foster accessibility and availability of AVMS (Audio-Video and Media Services). Focus is set on on-demand and information society services offering at least minimal internet experience to vulnerable groups such as the elderly, persons with disabilities, the economically weak and all those who have a limited access to internet services due to lack of access (rural areas) or limited computer/internet literacy.
Use of ICT technologies and services has a major impact on sustainable development of the society. By focusing on pilot presentation and inclusion of stakeholders in the project, the project will have a high impact on social and business development in the region and wider. In the long term, the project will represent very important contribution to solve issues of digital divide and social inclusion and thus will contribute to the creation of the region of equal opportunities.
SEE TV-WEB is based on the innovative approach with the aim to promote a potential for aggregating the internet content onto a carrousel for push services and distributing it through the available Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) network capacity. This will allow the user to have the same interactive experience as being connected to the internet through bi-directional network.
The SEE TV-WEB is introducing activities in the target SEE region, which will:
- Increase the accessibility of services by utilizing free capacity of Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) networks
- Increase the availability of services by introducing ”push” based internet services such as e-government, e-health, e-learning, e-entertainment, e-media and others which will be accessed through commonly used TV sets, Set-Top-Boxes or USB receivers and navigated by means of a simple TV remote
- Enable utilization of new and prosperous business concepts by adapting the regulatory framework
- Increase awareness by promoting the solution(s) and services on the basis of concrete actions, such as pilot presentations and other supporting activities
- Assure sustainability by preparing the guidelines, studies, tools and concrete business case modelling and present those to stakeholders on a national, regional and European level