Career opportunity: Sustainable community development through digitalization (researcher)
At Laboratory for Telecommunications, we are looking for a researcher joining our team to work on digitalization and smart digital transformation in rural and urban areas. Within domestic and international projects, we research and develop various solutions to solve real problems in the communities.
These solutions connect with the realm of the Internet of Things, smart specialization, concept of smart villages and smart cities, big data, sustainable development, etc. The area of work offers high potential and many opportunities for research work (also within the scope of doctoral studies, if it is in your interest) and for solving real-life challenges in practice.
Who are we looking for?
We would like you to have affinity and some experience in research work, writing scientific and professional articles and working on research and development projects.
If you are interested in working on application to obtain funding for projects in European calls for proposals, we consider this a big plus.
- Affinity to the field of ICT and knowledge of concepts of Digitalization, Digital Transformation, Digital Skills, Internet of Things, Smart Villages, Smart Cities, Sustainable Development.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Education in the field of technical sciences is an advantage.
- At least MA level of education (there is a possibility to combine doctoral studies with this job vacancy).
- Ability to work in a team – You will join an interdisciplinary team, you will cooperate with various partners from industry, government institutions, civic initiatives and other R&D institutions.
- Proactive and focused on finding solutions.
- Reliable and accurate.
- You feel good in multicultural environment (participation in international projects). Occasional travel (currently in Slovenia, later within the EU) should not be a problem.
- You have your own transport or at least driving license.
What can we offer?
- We are a young and interdisciplinary team. We offer full-time employment, with a probationary period of 3 months. Our projects are connected and interlinked, so we are looking for candidates who are interested in long-term cooperation.
- We offer excellent opportunities for acquiring new knowledge and the opportunity for continuous personal and professional development (also within the scope of doctoral studies!). The position is partly linked to ongoing projects, but there will be also enough freedom for developing your own research and project ideas in cooperation with your mentor and other team members.
- The work offers great potential to contribute to solving real life problems with the help of digital technology.
- The work environment is dynamic, it offers many opportunities to work in an international environment (currently remotely), and hopefully there will soon be more opportunities to travel around Slovenia and the EU.
You are kindly invited to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 June 2020 with a CV and a brief description of how you understand the concept of digitalization for sustainable rural development (in English, up to 1000 characters). We would like to read one of your articles, reports, etc., (also preferably in English).
1 June, 2020