OnCreate is a 3-year ERASMUS+ strategic partnership project starting September 2014. The aim is to improve online creative processes among students at the ten involved European universities. Today’s tools for online collaboration mainly support the exchange of creative ideas emanating from physcial meetings. This project is about exploring the potential in online-based creative processes and tools for these processes.
In the project, experiments are carried at and among the project’s ten partner-universities in terms of the creation, implementation and testing of online creative collaboration courses and projects.
In this way, the project addresses frequent problems in online collaboration:
- How do we increase the frequency and intensity of synchronous and asynchronous collaboration?
- How can we utter constructive reviews openly in an emotionally restricted environment without risking serious and discouraging misunderstandings?
- How do we communicate ideas visually and in realtime?
- How can we communicate visual, auditive and haptic qualities through a remote digital interface?
- How can we improve the perception of presence and the feeling of sociability to increase student commitment?