EuCNC 2018 (European Conference on Networks and Communications) is the 27th edition of a successful series of a conference in the field of telecommunications, sponsored by the European Commission, and will be held in Ljubljana, Slovenia, on June 18 – 21, 2018. The motto of this edition is “5G and beyond”, and it will focus on various aspects of 5G communications systems and networks, including cloud and virtualisation solutions, management technologies, vertical application areas, and more. The conference aims to bring together researchers from all over the world to present the latest research results, and it is one of the main venues for demonstrating the results of research projects.
The conference will include:
- Regular sessions with papers (to appear in IEEEXplore).
- Tutorial targeted at a mixture of industry and academic attendees.
- One of the largest technology and demonstration exhibitions taking place at a technical and scientific conference, mainly centered around 5G technologies.
- Workshops, special sessions, panels covering technology and business
- Keynote talks from world renowned leaders.
- Extensive networking
We invite submissions in 6 tracks on a wide range of topics including, but not limited to:
- Physical Layer and Fundamentals (new air interfaces; beyond 5G, terahertz communication; new modulation and coding techniques; new antenna arrays and antenna types; etc.).
- Radio Access and Softwarisation (new spectrum management and sharing methods; reconfigurable and energy efficient RRM; modular and reconfigurable MAC; soft-RAN and fronthauling; cognitive and green radio; radio slicing; etc.).
- Network softwarisation (cognitive network management; SDN; NFV; network slicing management; fog and edge computing; data aware networks and overlays; security, trust and privacy; etc.).
- Wireless, Optical and Satellite Networks (5G access and core networks; advances in M2M, WSN, IoT networks; integrated and hybrid satellite/terrestrial networks; next generation passive optical networks; optical/wireless convergence; etc.).
- Application Areas and Services (factory automation; autonomous driving; digital health and wellbeing; critical communications and public safety; agriculture and environmental monitoring; smart cities; smart grids; localization; emerging business models and monetization strategies; etc.).
- Operational & Experimental Insights (5G trials and experiments; deployment insights from verticals; plug-and-play deployments and experiments; advanced wireless platforms and testbeds; network applications for test and production deployments; data driven network design and optimization; Next Generation Internet; etc.).
We would like to invite you and your colleagues to submit a paper to the conference by the 12th of February 2018, and we are also looking forward to submissions and proposals for demos, tutorials, workshops, special sessions and posters.
Further useful links for your submissions:
• For papers: press here
• For demos and exhibitions: press here
• For workshops: press here
• For tutorials: press here
• For special sessions: press here
• For poster sessions: press here
More information is available at the EuCNC2018 website.
Mojca Volk, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Slovenia
Mihael Mohorcic, Jozef Stefan Institute, Department of Communication Systems, Slovenia
Technical Program CoChairs, EuCNC 2018